There is no one who does not hear the name of celery with olive oil, which can be called the most beneficial of the winter season. You should definitely try celery with plenty of orange juice, which enhances its flavor with potatoes and carrots. It is a fact that it does not appeal to everyone’s taste. But I think it may vary depending on the way it is cooked. Therefore, if you have not tried olive oil celery before, you can try it without prejudice. You will like it more when you consume it cold. Without further ado, how to cook celery with olive oil? Let’s go to tell. 🙂
Ingredients for Orange Juice and Celery with Olive Oil Recipe
- 3 medium-sized celery (you can use 2 if large)
- 1 large potato
- 1 onion
- half a glass of water
- half a teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 carrot
- 2 glasses of orange juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Celery Recipe with Olive Oil and Orange Juice
- Celery is peeled and sliced.
- Celery is kept in water with lemon so that it does not turn black.
- Potatoes are peeled and sliced a little earlier than the celery.
- Since the potato cooks later than the celery, we slice it thinner.
- Chopped onions are taken to the pot and half a tea glass of water is added to it and the onions are cooked until they soften.
- Add olive oil to the cooked onions and mix.
- Add the julienne chopped carrots and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Sliced potatoes and celery soaked in lemon water are also added to the pot.
- Optional celery leaves are also added.
- Add orange juice, salt and sugar and cover the pot.
- Vegetables are cooked until soft. It is served cold.
Olive oil celery cooking tips
- After peeling the celery, you should soak it in lemon water to prevent it from turning black.
- In order not to burn the olive oil, you should first boil the onions in water.
- You can add peas to the celery dish with olive oil.
Celery meal with olive oil calories
- A medium-sized dish of celery with olive oil corresponds to approximately 220 calories.