Ingredients for Chard Wrap with Olive Oil
- 2 bunches of chard
- 2 large onions (Chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (Chopped)
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes (finely grated)
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 cup of bulgur wheat
- 3/4 cup rice
- 1 cup of hot water
- 3 tablespoons of pomegranate syrup
- 1/4 bunch of parsley (very finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/2 teaspoon of granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sumac
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
for the sauce
- 2 cups of hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili paste
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (freshly squeezed)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
How to Make Chard Wrap with Olive Oil?
- Cut off the stems of the chard leaves that you wash in plenty of water. Separate the torn leaves and spread them together with the stems on the bottom of the cooking pot.
- Soak the chard leaves in boiling water for 1 minute, remove them immediately and throw them into ice water. Then remove the chard leaves and drain the water thoroughly.
- Wash and drain the rice and bulgur wheat. Put the olive oil in a large rice cooker, sauté the onion and garlic until they turn a light color.
- Add the tomatoes and granulated sugar and fry until the tomato juice is absorbed, then add the tomato paste and mix.
- Add the washed rice and bulgur, pomegranate syrup, sumac, dried mint, salt and black peppercorns. Add a small amount of hot water.
- Cook the stuffing in a closed saucepan and on low heat so that the rice remains slightly firm. Add the parsley to the stuffing you get from the stove and let it cool.
- Take the chard leaves, which you have divided into two equal parts according to their size, on the counter.
- Remove the upper veins with a sharp knife or soften them by crushing them.
- Put a tablespoon of the inner mortar you prepared in the middle of the leaves and wrap it so that it is not too tight. Do the same to all the leaves until the internal mortar is gone and place them in the pot.
- For the sauce; Mix the pepper paste, olive oil, lemon juice and salt with the hot water. Transfer it to the pot so that it is level with the stuffing you prepared.
- Cover a large serving plate over them so that it weighs and the wraps do not open while they are cooking.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes in a closed pot, under low heat, under controlled conditions, and cool without opening the lid. Then place it on a serving plate and serve it after it has cooled thoroughly.
Leave a Comment