Dried okra is okra that has been dehydrated in order to preserve it. It can be rehydrated by soaking it in water or adding it to a liquid during cooking. Dried okra can be used in a variety of dishes, including soups, stews, and gumbos. It can also be ground into a powder and used as a thickening agent in sauces and soups.
To use dried okra, start by rehydrating it by soaking it in water for at least 30 minutes, or until it is soft and pliable. Then, add the rehydrated okra to your recipe as you would fresh okra. Keep in mind that dried okra will absorb a lot of liquid as it rehydrates, so you may need to add more liquid to your recipe to compensate.
Dried okra can be found in specialty stores or online. It is a convenient way to have okra on hand for cooking year-round, as it has a long shelf life and does not require refrigeration.
Ingredients for dried okra recipe
- 300 g dried okra
- 6 dried tomatoes
- 500 g minced lamb
- 3 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 1-2 onions
- 250 g boiled chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon of chili paste
- Half a tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon of lemon salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
How to Make Dried Okra
- Boil the okra in a saucepan. Fry the lamb meat with sunflower oil. Finely chop the onion and add it to the meat and mix.
- Add the tomato paste and mix it by adding enough water not to cover it. Let it boil.
- Add dried tomatoes and boiled chickpeas. Season with lemon juice and salt. Add boiled okra and cook. Serve hot.
Do not forget to take a look at the recipe for okra with olive oil, which is a diet version!
Leave a Comment