Ingredients for Creamy Mushroom Fresh Bean Casserole
- 500 g green beans (divided in 2 or 3)
- 2 tablespoons of table salt
- 1 package cream of mushroom soup mix
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 3 large onions (chopped)
- Black Pepper (freshly ground)
How to Make Fresh Bean Casserole with Creamy Mushrooms
- Boil plenty of water in a large pot, add salt and boil the beans until they are slightly firm. While the beans are cooking, fill a large bowl with ice water and set aside.
- When the beans are ready, drain them in a colander and immediately submerge them in ice water to stop cooking. Once the beans have cooled, spread them on a paper towel and let them dry.
- On the other hand, fry the onion in a large pan until caramelized and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the mushroom soup mix, milk, soy sauce, half of the cheddar cheese and half of the caramelized onion.
- Then add the beans and mix. Add salt and pepper if needed. Transfer the green beans to the greased baking dish. Bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove the food from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 180 degrees. Sprinkle the remaining onion and grated cheddar cheese on top of the beans and bake for another 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden. Remove from the oven and serve hot.
Leave a Comment