Ingredients for German-Style Meat Rouladen
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 110 g round meat, pounded
- ½ chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons of ground red pepper
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 teaspoons of freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices of bacon
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 440 ml of hot water (can also be broth)
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
How to Make German-Style Meat Rouladen?
- Sprinkle the inside of each piece of meat with mustard, onion, salt, pepper and ground paprika. Roll them into rolls by putting slices of bacon in them. Secure with toothpick.
- Take the oil in the pan and heat it. Cook the meat until all sides are browned.
- When the meat is browned, add water and cook with the lid closed until tender.
- Remove the meat rolls from the pan.
- Whisk a few spoons of starch and broth in a bowl and return it to the pan and cook until the sauce thickens.
- Add sour cream, mix quickly and turn off the heat.
- Pour over the meat and serve. Enjoy your meal.
Leave a Comment