Ingredients for Lentil Mushroom Soup
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 diced onion
- 2 chopped carrots
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 3 small potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup red lentils
- 4 1/4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup chopped mushroom of any type (culture/shiitake/oyster)
- 1 tablespoon of tomato puree
How to Make Lentil Mushroom Soup?
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and sauté the onions for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the carrots and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add potatoes, lentils, chicken or vegetable broth of your choice and bring to a boil.
- Cover the pot and cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree, salt and pepper at the end and boil for 2 more minutes.
- Eat it grainy or blend it in a blender.