Ingredients for Mumbar Recipe
- 1 kg sheep wax
- 300 grams ground beef (with fat)
- 400 grams of bulgur
- 300 grams of rice (optional)
- 40 grams of tomato paste
- 40 grams of chili paste
- 25 grams of butter
- 2-3 onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1-2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice (optional)
For the cleaning water:
- 0.5 liters of vinegar
- enough water
- Orange or lemon peel
How Is Mumbar Made?
- First of all, while the mumbar is being prepared, the inner and outer sides should be cleaned thoroughly and kept in vinegar water.
- The mumbar, which is washed under water, is cleaned by turning it upside down and scraping it with the help of a knife.
- Rub the inside and outside of the mumbar with salt and onions. A large bowl is filled with vinegar water. Mumbars are kept in this water for 2-3 hours.
- Bulgur is generally used in stuffing, but rice can also be preferred, depending on preference.
- The mumbar is washed again and set aside with the oily part inside.
- The inner mortar is prepared with the above materials. The inner mortar is filled into the candlestick by turning it with the help of apparatus.
- At this stage, care must be taken not to puncture or tear the candlestick. In addition, it should not be filled too much so that it does not burst while cooking.
- When the inside of the candlestick is completely filled, it is tied at the ends and pierced with a skewer in several places.
- Prepared mumbars are placed in the pot and enough water is added to cover the stuffing.
- After cooking, it is taken out of the pot and put into the pan.
- It is fried with melted butter until it becomes crispy. It is served hot. Enjoy your meal.