Ingredients for Peruvian Potato Croquettes
- 500 g old potatoes
- 1-2 tablespoons of oil
- 250 g minced meat
- 1/2 red onion (small diced)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of hot pepper paste
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- 1 pinch of cumin
- 1 pinch of thyme
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 1-2 spoons of raisins
- 1-2 tablespoons of black olives (pitted)
- Black pepper
- Parsley (Chopped)
- Liquid oil
for the salsa criolla
- 1⁄2 red onion (finely diced)
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coriander (Chopped)
- Fresh chili pepper (finely chopped)
How to Make Peruvian Potato Croquettes
- Boil the potatoes until they are soft with the skin. Peel and mash with a masher while hot. Add salt and pepper, mix well by hand and leave to cool for 1-2 hours.
- For the inside of the croquettes, heat the oil in the pan and add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Add garlic, thyme, salt, pepper, cumin and continue sautéing for 1-2 more minutes.
- Then add the tomato puree and hot pepper paste and cook for 1 more minute. After adding the minced meat, cook for another 3-5 minutes and finally add the grapes and parsley. Let it cool down.
- Add cold 1⁄2 egg to the very cold mashed potatoes and knead, flour your hands and open the mashed potatoes flat in the palm of your hand.
- Put the stuffing in the middle. After laying 1 slice of egg and black olives cut in half on the mortar, carefully close it like a shuttle.
- Flour and fry in egg. (You can follow different sequences for frying. You can fry it first by dipping it in egg then flour or just flour, or first egg then flour, then breadcrumbs or breadcrumbs.)
- For the salsa criolla, keep the red onion in ice water for 5 minutes, then drain and mix in a bowl with the other ingredients.
- Transfer the croquettes to the serving plate and serve with the salsa criolla.
Leave a Comment