Ingredients for Eggplant with Quinoa with Tahini Sauce
- 2 aubergines
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium onion (Chopped)
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 5-6 cocktail tomatoes (diced)
- 1 tablespoon of tomato juice
- 2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup boiled quinoa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons of parsley (finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
How to Make Quinoa Eggplant with Tahini Sauce?
- Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise and remove some of the flesh. Arrange on a baking tray, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil, sprinkle with salt, then bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 30 minutes.
- While the eggplants are cooking, heat the remaining oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and mushroom. Saute for about 5 minutes until the mushrooms are soft. Add tomatoes, quinoa and spices and cook until liquid evaporates.
- After the eggplant is cooked for 20 minutes, reduce the temperature of the oven to 180 degrees and fill each half with the tomato-quinoa mixture. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Mix tahini, lemon, garlic, water and a pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl. Pour tahini sauce on the eggplants you bought from the oven and serve with parsley.
Leave a Comment