Ingredients for Romantic Winter Cake
- 4-4.5 cups flour
- 3 medium eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of oil
- 1 bottle of mineral water
- 3/4 cup watery yogurt
- 10 g (1 pack) baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or 1 packet of vanillin)
- 1 tablespoon of granulated coffee (+ 1 tablespoon of boiling water)
- 1 pinch of sea salt
For the labneh cream
- 200 g labneh cheese
- 150 g (2 packs) powdered whipped cream
- 1 + 3/4 cup cold milk
For the above
- Roses made of white sugar paste
- Roasted hazelnuts and almonds
- cake decorations
- fresh rosemary
- Powdered sugar
How to Make a Romantic Winter Cake
- Pour boiling water into granulated coffee, mix, let cool.
- Beat the eggs and sugar in a deep bowl. Add yogurt and oil and mix.
- Mix mineral water and lemon juice in a glass and pour into the egg mixture. Add the cooled coffee and vanilla extract and mix all the ingredients well.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl; Add to the mixture and whisk well.
- Transfer the mixture you prepared to a 20 – 22 cm cake mold lined with baking paper and bake in a preheated 180 degree oven for 30 – 35 minutes. Take it out of the mold when it comes to room temperature.
- Cut it in half crosswise with a suitable cake or bread knife.
- Beat the whipped cream and milk with a mixer. Add the labneh cheese and continue whisking until it reaches a creamy consistency.
- Spread the cream on the middle layer of the cake you cut in half and on top of it. Cover the sides with cream in a natural look and sprinkle some cocoa.
- Make a wreath with fresh rosemary, hazelnuts and almonds on top of the cake. Complete with cake decorations and roses. Serve by sifting powdered sugar.
Leave a Comment