Ingredients for Spinach Gratin Recipe
- 600 – 700 gr spinach
- 1 small jar of garnish preserves (you can also prepare your own)
- 1 onion
- Olive oil, salt, pepper
For the bechamel sauce:
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 full teaspoon of flour
- 200 ml of milk
- Grated cheddar on top
If you wish:
- You can also add roasted ground beef.
Spinach Gratin Recipe Preparation
- The spinach is washed and chopped, and the excess water is filtered.
- Finely chopped onion is lightly fried in olive oil. Drained spinach is also added and roasted together for 5 minutes.
- When the bottom is turned off, the garnish is added, mixed and divided into portioned baking dishes.
- For the bechamel sauce, melt the butter. Add flour and fry for a couple of minutes. Milk is added quickly, mixed and cooked on half fire until it boils. Add salt, cook for another two minutes and cover the bottom. The consistency of the bechamel will be thick. If it is too thick, a little more milk can be added.
- Spread the bechamel sauce over the spinach. On the top, grated cheddar is sprinkled and kept in the grill setting of the oven until they are browned and served hot.
- I did not add it this time, but if you add roasted minced meat to the spinach, you will prepare a delicious main course. If you have trouble getting your kids to eat spinach, they will love it.
Leave a Comment